Wednesday 27 April 2011

The Beginning

It’s been a beautiful, sunny day today in Oxford. But hiding in the crevices of Oxford’s ancient libraries are hundreds of twenty-somethings feeling sick with dread as their final exams get closer and closer. Unfortunately, I am one of them. To make it even worse, I study Maths & Stats and, of course, my exams are infinitely harder than everybody else’s.

Some might say this is a bad time to decide to start a blog... well, I can’t really argue with that. I’m doing this to keep me sane and to get me into practice for the real world where I’ll have to start writing words and full sentences again. The real world is very exciting and keeping me going!

I don’t intend to bore you with complaints about how stressed I am (I am so stressed!) or how my degree is too hard (why do they make the exams so hard? I hate the Maths department!). I intend to record some of the more interesting things I manage to fit in this term and to write library reviews; so I shall be visiting as many as possible to get a good overview. I hope to culminate this blog in a drunken post made after my last exam.

I do hope you enjoy my tales from my last term at Oxford. Comments and feedback would be appreciated.

Finalist x

2 comments:

  1. Great first post! Though I'm not sure I can bear the tension of following your blog.

    ReplyDelete